I'm going to start rambling here when I have spare time -- I haven't yet narrowed down the focus of this blog, whether it will be personal observations, international affairs, quirky thoughts, fiction writing or something new I dive into. I just need to practice writing, commenting and posting opinion.
So here we go.
One of my new favorite series from The New York Times is Modern Love, with this article in particular: Want to be my boyfriend? Please define.
I think this series is insightful, relevant and completely honest. My friend from D.C. initially got me hooked and I've been trying to stay up to date with them all.
I've been doing a lot of reading as of late (this whole unemployment thing gives me a lot of spare time. A lot.) and I'm enjoying perusing The Times, The Chicago Tribune, This American Life (great to listen to while cleaning) and Slate.com. I've also hooked onto a few of my friends' blogs -- some being promising and other, well, not so. But interesting none the less.
I'm trying to explore as much as I can about Chicago while I have this spare time -- but do so on a budget. Last night some friends and I went to the Green Mill for jazz and cover was only $7 and wine was $5.50. A complete steal for the show we saw: Patricia Barber.
Well that was my first post. Let's hope I improve. A lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment